We all know the challenge of trying to get your staff off the shop floor to attend a training session and then what happens when they come back? They might put in place some new behaviours for a couple of days and then it’s back to normal – so why does this happen and what can you do about it?
In this interview, Ken Burgin, who runs a business called Profitable Hospitality asks me how I help my existing clients with these two issues. I cover off the following topics:
- Our 4 step system to lock in behaviour change
- Why training without on job follow up is a waste of time
- Examples of how to use the right language to give effective feedback
- Tips on working more effectively with young managers
- How to get the best out of managers and staff where English is not their first language
- The five steps to on job follow up that can be used by any sized business
Roger Simpson – CEO, The Retail Solution and Author of “The Retail Solution” With over 35 years’ industry experience, Roger Simpson is recognized as Australia’s #1 Authority on customer ROI in the retail industry and as a global expert on staff coaching, customer service and selling skills.